Because I like beautiful girls.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yoshinoya follow up: Really we're anime fans too

Dear Ms. (name removed)
I reported this to the Mgr. and the employee is also into anime. Maybe she could have communicated this better but in any case, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Thank you for choosing Yoshinoya and have a nice day.


Maybe I am a cynical bastard who blogs at midnight from an iPod about last weeks email but I really don't buy this at all. It is a proper and correct response on Yoshinoya's part but when I meet an anime fan (especially at work) I say "oh I like that series too" or "oh you're an anime fan? I've been wondering about that series." not " hey you're an otaku aren't you?". Even excusing the negative connations of the word it's rude. I wouldn't say "hey a Mac user" I would say "Cool. I like macs too." or just "nice computer".

Insomnia and manners aside I really crave some beef bowl. Yum.

No comments: