Here's what I want to know before March:
- Textbooks! Steve said "We are very excited about textbooks as well" This is the primary appeal the iPad has to me. How can I get my hundreds of dollars and tens of pounds of textbooks on this little device. If not from Apple, CourseSmart has promised tablet textbook support and even made a mock up. Textbooks are the main reason I would want a iPad.
- Tethering: I pay AT&T 30$ a month for 3G on my iPhone. Let me tether a iPad to it if your not willing to allow full computers. Preferably tethering over Wi-Fi or bluetooth so I don't need to blow an extra 130$ on a 3G chip. Hell I'll plug the iPad into the phone if that's what it takes.
- iTunes Extras/LPs: Just make 'em work on the iPad. There is no excuse.
- Student Discount?????????? Pretty Pwease??
Some features I think would be cool to have in the iPad (but don't count on it):
- Plug your iPhone into the iPad and play media off the phone. Why should I carry two portable devices with my full library on them? this would be great to play someone else's iPod on the iPads larger screen easily.
- Flash? Please?
- Function as a secondary monitor to one's mac when docked. Its a big beautiful screen and this would sell tons of docks.
- LogMeIn for iPad. Like LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone but on a useable screen size.
- It should make toast. Apple devices do get very hot so this is not as far-fetched as you might hope.
- hulu. Seriously, make an app hulu, just make a frigging app. I am the point where I will PAY for it.
- The rumored apple tv show subscription would be nice too.